April 16, 2021, Letter to Family and Friends
We are making progress against COVID-19 and will continue testing in accordance with our county’s positivity rates, which we are monitoring. Lackawanna County continues in the red level so we are testing staff twice a week. Results of staff testing for Monday April 12, 2021, returned all negative. Results from the second round of staff testing on Thursday April 15, 2021, are still pending at the time of this letter.
In the event of any new positive results, modified visitation restrictions will be implemented and there will be immediate notifications of changes to visitation schedules. Guidance from Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Department of Health (DOH) and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will be followed.
A list of our visitation protocols is posted on our website at https://jhep.org in the COVID-19 section. To schedule a visit please email Mary Ryan at email@example.com or call her at 570-344-6177 ext. 1104. Mary is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Visitors are asked to comply with our infection control protocols to maintain their safety and the safety of their loved ones and staff:
- Eye protection in resident care areas
- Masking is required
- Social distancing – In accordance with the new guidelines residents that are fully vaccinated choosing to have brief close contact (including touch) with their visitor while wearing a well-fitting face mask and performing hand-hygiene before and after. Aside from the brief period of close contact we ask that our visitors please keep 6 feet distance. While we understand that this can be difficult, we ask your compliance as this is for the safety of all, your loved one, our other residents and staff.
- Hand Hygiene
- Visits are limited to a loved one in the designated area
- As the visits are being held in neutral areas on our first floor, for infection control and in respect of our kosher dietary observance, we ask that you not bring meals/food in to consume with your family member during the visits. Food items/meals can be left and the reception desk and will be provided to the resident in their rooms.
Our Facility’s Resident Impact (Since March 30, 2020, through April 15, 2021)
0 – Residents currently in our building with a confirmed active case of COVID 19
56 – CONFIRMED: Residents with laboratory positive COVID-19
0 – SUSPECTED: Residents with new suspected COVID-19
52 – Confirmed Staff Total: with a positive COVID-19
- Please note that test results are reported on our daily call-in line at 570-207-6711. Family members and all others impacted by the virus will be contacted directly and provided with results and updates.
Thank you again for entrusting us with the care of your loved ones. If you have any questions, we are always available for you.
Mary Rose Applegate, MBA, RD, NHA