April 23, 2021, Letter to Family and Friends
We are making progress against COVID-19 and will continue testing in accordance with our county’s positivity rates, which we are monitoring. Good news in that Lackawanna County is starting to trend down and is back at 9.3% which means we are now back in yellow. Staff test will go back to once a week starting next Monday April 26, 2021.
We did have one staff member who tested positive in testing completed Monday April 19, 2021, however we were fortunate as it did not impact our building as the staff member had not been in our building since April 10, 2021.
Results from the second round of staff testing on Thursday April 22, 2021, are still pending at the time of this letter.
A list of our visitation protocols is posted on our website at https://jhep.org in the COVID-19 section. To schedule a visit please email Mary Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 570-344-6177 ext. 1104. Mary is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Visitors are asked to comply with our infection control protocols to maintain their safety and the safety of their loved ones and staff:
- Eye protection in resident care areas
- Masking is required
- Social distancing – In accordance with the new guidelines residents that are fully vaccinated choosing to have brief close contact (including touch) with their visitor while wearing a well-fitting face mask and performing hand-hygiene before and after. Aside from the brief period of close contact we ask that our visitors please keep 6 feet distance. While we understand that this can be difficult, we ask your compliance as this is for the safety of all, your loved one, our other residents and staff.
- Hand Hygiene
- Visits are limited to a loved one in the designated area
- As the visits are being held in neutral areas on our first floor, for infection control and in respect of our Kosher dietary observance, we ask that you not bring meals/food in to consume with your family member during the visits. Food items/meals can be left and the reception desk and will be provided to the resident in their rooms.
Our Facility’s Resident Impact (Since March 30, 2020, through April 22, 2021)
0 – Residents currently in our building with a confirmed active case of COVID 19
56 – CONFIRMED: Residents with laboratory positive COVID-19
0 – SUSPECTED: Residents with new suspected COVID-19
53 – Confirmed Staff Total: with a positive COVID-19
- Please note that test results are reported on our daily call-in line at 570-207-6711. Family members and all others impacted by the virus will be contacted directly and provided with results and updates.
We are able to obtain the Moderna vaccine through our Pharmacy provider moving forward. This will allow us to schedule vaccine clinics for new residents and staff, and any residents or staff who change their mind and want to take the vaccine. PharMerica offered us to the option of opening our vaccine clinic to immediate family members of both our staff and residents who are in need of a vaccine. The Moderna vaccine is available for person 18 years of age or older and is given in two doses. If you are interested in joining our next available vaccine clinic please contact Denise Skrzysowski, RN our Infection Control Preventionist at email@example.com or 570-344-6177 extension 1173. We are pleased to be able to offer this service to help control the spread of COVID 19. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/eua/index.html
Thank you again for entrusting us with the care of your loved ones. If you have any questions, we are always available for you.
Mary Rose Applegate, MBA, RD, NHA