April 17, 2020
Dear Families and Caregivers,
As I said in my note earlier this week, this continues to be a most difficult time, certainly for all of you on the outside and for our team on the inside. We know that families who are separated from loved ones are struggling with that distance, and we’re doing all we can to keep you connected.
Our team is working 24/7 to ensure our residents are getting the care they need, and when necessary, helping them understand why loved ones aren’t allowed to visit.
We were preparing for COVID-19 before the PA Department of Health and other government agencies published guidance, and as guidance has been published, we have complied with government recommendations.
As most of you know, our operations have changed in order to prevent the spread of the virus. Among the changes are the following:
- We have provided the PA Department of Health with a data link to our systems to assist the Department in monitoring our response to this crisis.
- We have complied with recommendations of the PA Department of Health and other governmental agencies.
- We have Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and provide it to our staff, restocking between each shift.
- We screen the staff with and check their temperature as they enter the building.
- We have engaged specialized healthcare consultants to assist us with our operations.
- We remain vigilant in our ongoing cleaning of all surfaces and in maintaining safe social distancing and rigorous handwashing.
We join you in mourning those we have lost to COVID-19. Working among those most vulnerable to this virus is difficult, but we consider each and every resident as a part of our family, too, and we’re doing what we can to prevent this insidious virus from spreading.
Our employees continue to amaze us. It is heartwarming to see each and every one of them go above and beyond during these trying times.
Once again, to connect with your loved one, please reach out to Nicole Lipinski by phone at 570-344-6177 ext 1113, or via email, to email@example.com to set up a virtual visit.
Thank you for the notes and cards and emails you’re sending in appreciation of our team. They mean more to us than you know.
Mark & Mary Rose