Introducing Music & Memory
As a MUSIC & MEMORY® Certified Care Organization, we are proud to offer the powerful benefits of personalized music as part of our continuing effort to provide the highest quality care.
WHAT IS MUSIC & MEMORY?
Grounded in extensive research, Music & Memory helps people living with a wide range of cognitive and physical challenges to find renewed joy in life through musical favorites. Our team is trained to develop personalized playlists, delivered through iPods, a key element in the individual’s plan of care.
HOW DOES PERSONALIZED MUSIC MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
Beloved music helps to reduce depression and anxiety and can also moderate pain.
• Musical favorites tap deep memories and can improve quality of life.
• Participants are happier, more social and receptive to care and family visits.
• Personalized music can help to reduce reliance on anti-psychotic, anti-depressant and pain medications.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Anyone can benefit from the power of listening to musical favorites. As we build our program, we will be able to offer it to all who are interested. Often effective for a variety of impairments and disorders:
• People with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia
• Individuals who are bed-bound, on dialysis or ventilators
• People with chronic pain
• Those receiving hospice care