March 19, 2021, letter to family and friends
After nearly a year of isolation due to COVID-19, the government is easing restrictions on visitations to vaccinated nursing home residents. This past week our vaccinated residents and families were able to have brief close contact. It truly was heartwarming for our residents and families to get together for brief hugs and hand touching at the end of their scheduled visits. We look forward to reopening making some additional modifications to increase visitation times soon and want to do so safely. We will alert you of changes as we move forward.
We are composing reopening plans and policies to ensure this plan implementation is done properly as we following the core principles outlined by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Department of Health (DOH) regulations.
The Pennsylvania DOH and DHS has specified that, while the state has not released guidance reflecting these updates, we are to follow the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) guidance for visitation.
Here are links with more information:
- Nursing Home Visitation – COVID-19
- Fact sheet
- A CMS guide for visitations is linked from our website’s COVID-19 page.
The following is a reminder of the core visitor principles that will again be implemented:
- Visitation scheduled at designated times
- Adherence to infection control principles
- Visit is limited to designated area/resident room
- Despite relaxed restrictions for visitation, we will continue routine testing and, in the event of any new positive results, modified visitation restrictions will be implemented and there will be immediate notifications of changes to visitation schedules.
To schedule a visit please contact Lee Rutkowski Monday through Friday by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her 570-344-6177 ext. 1175.
Our staff testing completed this past week returned all negative results. All of our zones remain green except for our designated 4th floor yellow zone for returning and newly admitted residents. The positivity rate for Lackawanna County continues to be in the yellow zone (>5%). We will be continuing weekly staff testing on Mondays and we will be checking the county positivity rate again on that date.
Our Facility’s Resident Impact (Since March 30, 2020, through March 18, 2021)
0 – Residents currently in our building with a confirmed active case of COVID 19
56 – CONFIRMED: Residents with laboratory positive COVID-19
0 – SUSPECTED: Residents with new suspected COVID-19
52 – Confirmed Staff Total: with a positive COVID-19
- Please note that test results are reported on our daily call in line at 570-207-6711. Family members and all others impacted by the virus will be contacted directly and provided with results and updates.
Thank you again for entrusting with the care of your loved ones. If you have any questions, we are always available for you.
Mary Rose Applegate, MBA, RD, NHA