FAQs for Families and Caregivers
In an effort to keep families and loved ones updated as to our protocols related to the health and safety of our residents and staff, we are sharing a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section, which will be updated regularly. Should you have any questions, please let us know.
Thank you for understanding as we maneuver through these very difficult times.
What has the Jewish Home done so far to prevent the spread of the virus?
The health and safety of our residents has been our top priority. We were preparing for COVID-19 before the PA Department of Health and other government agencies published guidance. As guidance has been published, we have complied with government recommendations.
The entire operation of the Jewish Home has been changed in order to prevent the spread of the virus.
- We provided the PA Department of Health with a data link to our systems to assist the Department in monitoring our response to this crisis
- We have complied with recommendations of the PA Department of Health and other governmental agencies
- We have reduced the home’s census
- We have obtained Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and provided it to our staff
- We screen staff and check their temperature as they enter the building
- Visitation and group activities are restricted
- We continue to enforced social distancing requirements
- Meals are being served to residents in their rooms in most cases; when that is not possible, we are ensuring social distancing requirements are met
- Enforcing proper and frequent handwashing is ongoing
- We have engaged specialized healthcare consultants to assist us
How does all this change my loved one’s routine?
We are practicing social distancing in the building and have implemented many changes. Residents are now required to eat, watch TV, listen to music, and do other activities within their own rooms. Fortunately, our staff have been as helpful as possible in coordinating video chats, Skype, and other ways to keep residents connected with their families.
How do I set up a video chat?
Please call our Life Enrichment department and Nicole Lipinski will help facilitate. She may be reached at 570-344-6177 ext. 1113. She may also be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is anyone checking on my family member during the day?
Yes! Rest assured that we understand how frustrating it must be to not be able to visit with a loved one. We’re visiting and spending time with residents – beyond meal service and cleaning – to ensure they see a smile and have someone to talk to every day.
Some residents are still allowed in common areas, why?
Among our residents are those who need help with eating. We bring them to our common areas, keep them at least 6-ft apart, and have staff members serving them there.
How can I get regular updates?
We will continue to provide updates to families via email, letters, and on our website. If you have specific questions regarding your loved ones’ health condition, please contact the Clinical Manager for that unit.