We are currently seeking an Assistant Staff Accountant
SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting the Staff Accountant with all accounting functions. Will assume responsibility for general ledger, bank reconciliation, subsidiary ledger and supporting schedule reconciliation, and preparation of monthly financial statements and reports in the absence of of the staff Accountant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Assists with verifying the accuracy of general ledger and financial records.
Assists with recording, classifying, and summarizing financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Assists with Initiating and processing journal entries into various accounts.
Assists with Preparing designated financial reports on a regularly scheduled basis.
Assists with Reconciling sub-ledgers to the general ledger and resolving differences
Assists with Preparing investment account analysis schedules and postings to general ledger.
Assists with Development of financial reports for financial analysis, forecasting, trending, and results analysis.
Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
Assists with maintaining close working relationship with audit firm; coordinates the annual audit.
Assists with compiling information for the preparation of the Medical Assistance and Medicaid Cost Reports.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be reliable and responsible, conforming to established work hours and maintaining an acceptable work attendance record.
Ability to operate a personal computer with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional software a plus. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Point Click Care financial software preferred.
Must be accurate and self motivated.
Ability to work and maintain confidential information.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree with major study in accounting. Additional experience may be substituted.
1 year experience in public or private accounting is preferred. Additional experience considered in lieu of educational experience. Prior experience in cost accounting in senior care is preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with residents and/or family members or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CODE OF CONDUCT: Each employee shall adhere to each standard and procedure, seek clarification of any standard or procedure, if necessary, and report suspected violations to senior management, ethical advocate, and/or the Company’s Compliance Officer.
VALUE STATEMENT: Based upon the Judaic tradition of respect for the elderly and historical commitment of service to the larger community, Jewish Home of Eastern Pennsylvania and affiliated organizations fulfills our Mission and realizes our Vision for and on behalf of our residents and clients and their families, our staff, our Board, and our Volunteers with attention to the following practices:
- RESPECT- We recognize, honor and acknowledge the inherent value of each person for their wisdom, religious, ethnic and cultural background and history.
- COMPASSION – We treat everyone with caring, sensitivity, understanding and supportive responsiveness.
- ADVOCACY – We give voice to our resident’s/client’s needs and facilitate positive actions on their behalf.
- INTENTION – We are responsible individually and as a collective organization to approach our work and our respective tasks with mindful consideration regarding what we are doing and why we are doing it in order to achieve a desired positive outcome.
- QUALITY – We are committed to providing excellence in our care and services and through measurement and refinement to realize high standards of care.
- EDUCATION & TRAINING – We invest in the skill development of our staff, cooperate with local universities and schools to provide practical experience and education for future health care professionals and offer guidance to support our residents/clients and their caregivers.
- SAFE ENVIRONMENT – We are committed to providing a safe environment for residents, staff, and volunteers.
- INNOVATION – We seek to advance our knowledge and are committed to better understand, evaluate, and implement programming, services and operating practices to advance effective and efficient delivery of quality services to benefit our residents/clients and our community.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – We are responsible both as individuals and as an organization to be strategic, ethical, team-oriented and quality based to promote the delivery of the highest level of care and fiscal soundness.
- CITIZENSHIP – We recognize our connection and contribution to the greater community.
Competitive wages and excellent benefits package including: Family health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, and 403 (b) retirement plan available.
Interested candidates may apply online or send a resume to Christine Giuliani, HR Coordinator at email@example.com