We are currently accepting applications for a Director of Maintenance.
SUMMARY: Responsible for the operation and management of building physical operations such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, grounds, security, scheduling the preventative maintenance program and ensuring regulatory compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for supervision of all mechanical, HVAC, electrical, architectural, grounds, and all other physical components of The Jewish Home. This includes maintaining the physical environment and all facility equipment in optimal operating condition and in compliance with the Life Safety Code and all other federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
a) Maintain records of all activities as required by regulation including fire drill reports, sprinkler and fire alarm service records, and generator tests.
b) Maintaining records of all maintenance performed including preventative and repairs. Establishes and maintains policies standards of operation, sanitation, safety and security for the department.
c) Direct and schedule outside contractors as required for the physical plant.
Manages and control departmental resources according to budget guidelines.
Orders departmental supplies according to the facility’s established purchasing and receiving policies.
Management and supervision of maintenance and security staff adhering to facility policy and procedures.
Educates all Jewish Home staff in fire protection, safety, and the proper responses to each.
Supervises the receiving of deliveries and the operation of the general food storage supply in accordance with facility procedures.
Provides consultative, support services to the Administrator of Elan Gardens in physical plant operations.
Directly supervises 10 – 15 employees in the Maintenance and Security Departments. Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Requires at least three -five years experience in plant operations with strong emphasis in HVAC operations, plumbing, electrical and supervision of maintenance personnel. Previous experience in health care preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with residents and/or family members or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 – 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CODE OF CONDUCT: Each employee shall adhere to each standard and procedure, seek clarification of any standard or procedure, if necessary, and report suspected violations to senior management, ethical advocate, and/or the Company’s Compliance Officer.
VALUE STATEMENT: Based upon the Judaic tradition of respect for the elderly and historical commitment of service to the larger community, Jewish Home of Eastern Pennsylvania and affiliated organizations fulfills our Mission and realizes our Vision for and on behalf of our residents and clients and their families, our staff, our Board, and our Volunteers with attention to the following practices:
- RESPECT- We recognize, honor and acknowledge the inherent value of each person for their wisdom, religious, ethnic and cultural background and history.
- COMPASSION – We treat everyone with caring, sensitivity, understanding and supportive responsiveness.
- ADVOCACY – We give voice to our resident’s/client’s needs and facilitate positive actions on their behalf.
- INTENTION – We are responsible individually and as a collective organization to approach our work and our respective tasks with mindful consideration regarding what we are doing and why we are doing it in order to achieve a desired positive outcome.
- QUALITY – We are committed to providing excellence in our care and services and through measurement and refinement to realize high standards of care.
- EDUCATION & TRAINING – We invest in the skill development of our staff, cooperate with local universities and schools to provide practical experience and education for future health care professionals and offer guidance to support our residents/clients and their caregivers.
- SAFE ENVIRONMENT – We are committed to providing a safe environment for residents, staff, and volunteers.
- INNOVATION – We seek to advance our knowledge and are committed to better understand, evaluate, and implement programming, services and operating practices to advance effective and efficient delivery of quality services to benefit our residents/clients and our community.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – We are responsible both as individuals and as an organization to be strategic, ethical, team-oriented and quality based to promote the delivery of the highest level of care and fiscal soundness.
- CITIZENSHIP – We recognize our connection and contribution to the greater community.
Excellent benefits package available which include Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurances, and 403 (b) retirement plan.
Interested applicants may apply online or send a resume to Christine Giuliani, Human Resources Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 570-344-6177×1132 for more details.
|Job Category||Employment, Maintenance|