We are currently seeking a Full time RNAC
$10,000 Sign on Bonus Available!
The Jewish Home of Eastern Pennsylvania has been providing skilled nursing, rehabilitation & long term care for more than 100 years.
Candidates interested in this position must have a current Pennsylvania registered nurse license.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. MDS – coordination and scheduling according to regulations:
- Scheduling, transmission and correction of transmitted MDS data to ensure that each resident is appropriately assessed and assigned a correct RUG level for payment in the Medicaid system.
- Ensures that all facility procedures related to the RAI process are followed to maintain all state and federal regulatory compliance standards.
- Auditing completed MDS’s to ensure that the assessments are appropriately reflecting the residents’ status according to the RAI.
- Functions as a resource person to other clinical staff members to provide education on completing the MDS and corresponding documentation to support the MDS in the resident’s medical record.
- Inputs and/or oversees the input of MDS data into the clinical software package.
- Correct completion and submission of all required MDS tracking notices.
- Maintains and updates the database used to track the resident’s assessment schedule on a timely basis.
- Verification that all transmissions have been completed as required for the MA Picture Date submissions.
- Completes census and tracking forms.
2. Medicare – determinations of residents eligibility for Part A covered services, scheduling the required MDS’s according to the Medicare PPS regulations.
- Confirms each resident’s technical eligibility for Medical skilled services at the time of admission with the Business and Admission departments. Assesses the medical eligibility of those residents meeting the technical requirements for skilled services. Obtains physician certifications for Medicare covered services.
- Generates denial of coverage notices as appropriate and within the guidelines of the Medicare program.
- Coordinates with Business Office, rehab therapy and other disciplines to ensure that Medicare MDS notices are complete according to regulation.
- Monitors residents receiving skilled services for change in condition on an ongoing basis.
- Attends and participates in the weekly Medicare meetings.
- Provides copies of appropriate documentation from resident medical records as requested by the Fiscal Intermediary to substantiate Medicare claims.
3. Coordinates the interdisciplinary team process and the development of resident care plans.
- Leads the interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Compiles the ID care plan based upon all of the information presented at the team meeting by all disciplines.
- Updates and rewrites care plans according to facility policy.
- Schedules residents for routine and special reviews.
4. Medical Records
- Maintains the medical records of current and discharged residents according to facility policy.
- Oversees the tasks and assignments of the clerical staff assigned in the Medical Records department.
- Provides copies of information requested by residents, other health care providers, insurance companies, state and federal agencies in accordance with facility policy.
5. Other Responsibilities
- Maintains the nursing census book and provides the Business Office staff with daily updates in the resident census including changes which impact payer status.
- Communicates with other disciplines to promote the team concept in regard to resident care.
- Participate in multidisciplinary QAPI activities and carry out QAPI roles and responsibilities as assigned.
- Attends committee meetings as assigned.
- Prepares all required information for Utilization Management Reviews.
- Coordinates the completion of all required Medicaid 51 and 103 forms in accordance with facility procedures.
- Maintains log of residents with terminal/end stage diagnosis
- Reviews and completes returned lab requests to ensure coding is correct
- Updates access program with changes (payer source, room change, etc.)
- Completes audits as assigned
- Provides therapy manager with monthly billing RUGS-modifiers
- Inputs Care Tracker Error Observation Log reports
- Monitor physician visits (new admissions, monthly)
- Functions as a member of the facility’s nursing supervisory staff
Competitive wages and excellent benefits package including: Family health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, and 403 (b) retirement plan available.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Registered Nurse with at least three to five years experience, preferably in Gerontology; at least 1 year experience as an RNAC in a skilled nursing facility or completion of an approved training program on the RAI process after 6 months of appointment to the position.
Must maintain current Basic Cardiopulmonary Life Support (BCLS).
Interested candidates may apply through indeed or at our website at: www.jhep.org, or apply in person Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:00pm at 1101 Vine Street, Scranton, PA.