September 3, 2021, Letter to Family and Friends
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation with our masking and social distancing protocols for our facility. Please remember to keep your mask on at all times during visits inside and outdoors, even if you are vaccinated. Please come to our first floor location if do not want to stay in your loved one’s room for the visit. Our visitation guidelines are posted on our website at jhep.org in the COVID section. To schedule a visit please email Mary Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 570-344-6177 ext. 1104. Mary is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. We do ask for visits to be scheduled one day in advance. Please schedule visits occurring on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, no later than the Friday before at 1 p.m. so schedules can be provided to reception staff.
We continue to monitor the Delta variant of COVID-19 and take into account all concerns. We follow guidance from (CDC), Department of Health (DOH) and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the latest Centers for Disease Control (CDC) COVID-19 infection control guidance with relation to its impact on our residents and visitors.
Full vaccinations are at the forefront of safety for staff and residents. We encourage all, including family members and volunteers, to become vaccinated. Find vaccines near you: https://www.vaccines.gov/search. For information about vaccinations, please check the CDC’s fact sheet.
Our vaccination rates for our active residents and staff as of September 1, 2021, is 87% of staff, 92% residents for a total of 89% of our facility fully vaccinated. We have six additional staff and residents who have completed their first series of the vaccine that are not included in our completion stats. Our non-vaccinated staff are tested weekly and all remain negative. Next testing date Wednesday September 8, 2021.
The CDC updated its guidance on how to protect yourself and others who are fully vaccinated. Read the CDC recommendations.
More vaccine information:
- FDA-approved Pfizer vaccine. https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-covid-19-vaccine
- The CDC and FDA recommendations for administration of a third dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccinations for immunocompromised individuals. The Johnson and Johnson vaccine does not currently carry this recommendation. https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-authorizes-additional-vaccine-dose-certain-immunocompromised
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS) plan to deliver booster shots for individuals who have been vaccinated with the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/joint-statement-hhs-public-health-and-medical-experts-covid-19-booster-shots
- New regulations requiring nursing homes to require that all of their workers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of participating in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/08/18/fact-sheet-president-biden-to-announce-new-actions-to-protect-americans-from-covid-19-and-help-state-and-local-leaders-fight-the-virus/
Our Facility’s Resident Impact (Since March 30, 2020, through September 2, 2021)
0 – Residents currently in our building with a confirmed active case of COVID 19
57 – CONFIRMED: Residents with laboratory positive COVID-19
0 – SUSPECTED: Residents with new suspected COVID-19
53 – Confirmed Staff Total: with a positive COVID-19
- Please note that test results are reported on our daily call-in line at 570-207-6711. Family members and all others impacted by the virus will be contacted directly and provided with results and updates.
We take very seriously our responsibility for your loved one’s safety and well-being. If you have any questions, we are always available for you. Thank you again.
Mary Rose Applegate, MBA, RD, NHA