We are currently accepting applications a full time Dietary Receiving Clerk.
SUMMARY: Responsible for accepting deliveries and verifying their accuracy against the weekly purchase orders. Responsible for putting all deliveries away in their proper locations making sure everything is rotated and dated. Responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of all storerooms, coolers, and freezers. Daily cleaning assignments will be given by the dietary supervisor. All food safety and sanitation guidelines must be in compliance with the regulatory agencies policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
All deliveries will be checked for accuracy against purchase orders and signed to verify receipt. Any discrepancies will be addressed immediately with vender and dietary supervisor. Temperatures of a refrigerated truck must be taken and logged.
Deliveries will be put away in proper store rooms. Refrigerated items will be put away first to avoid time temperature abuse. All food items will be dated and rotated using the first –in, first-out (FIFO) principle.
In-house requisitions will be pulled 3x’s weekly and meat requisitions 2x’s weekly. These items will be brought directly to the dietary department, checked by a supervisor, and put away in the proper locations following proper guidelines and procedures.
The temperatures of all the food storerooms, coolers, and freezers will be taken twice daily and logged. Any discrepancies should be reported immediately to a supervisor.
Daily cleaning assignments will be followed according to supervisor’s list and completed in- between deliveries and putting stock away.
Maintain all regulatory policy and procedure guidelines.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Must be reliable and responsible, conforming to established work hours and maintain an acceptable work attendance record.
- Must be self-directed and motivated.
- Employee must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must have good organizational skills
- Must possess good communication skills
- Must have the ability to follow both oral and written instructions
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively with others in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Must have a basic understanding of mathematical skills.
- Must have an understanding of basic sanitation and food storage practices. Must successfully complete web based course on ServSafe.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree preferred
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to follow both oral and written instructions.
Basic understanding of mathematical skills including addition and subtraction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift 50 to 100 pounds, reach with hands and arms, push and or pull heavy objects. The employee is frequently required to stoop or crouch.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and / or humid conditions and extreme heat or cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to chemicals used in sanitation.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
VALUE STATEMENT: Based upon the Judaic tradition of respect for the elderly and historical commitment of service to the larger community, Jewish Home of Eastern Pennsylvania and affiliated organizations fulfills our Mission and realizes our Vision for and on behalf of our residents and clients and their families, our staff, our Board, and our Volunteers with attention to the following practices:
- RESPECT- We recognize, honor and acknowledge the inherent value of each person for their wisdom, religious, ethnic and cultural background and history.
- COMPASSION – We treat everyone with caring, sensitivity, understanding and supportive responsiveness.
- ADVOCACY – We give voice to our resident’s/client’s needs and facilitate positive actions on their behalf.
- INTENTION – We are responsible individually and as a collective organization to approach our work and our respective tasks with mindful consideration regarding what we are doing and why we are doing it in order to achieve a desired positive outcome.
- QUALITY – We are committed to providing excellence in our care and services and through measurement and refinement to realize high standards of care.
- EDUCATION & TRAINING – We invest in the skill development of our staff, cooperate with local universities and schools to provide practical experience and education for future health care professionals and offer guidance to support our residents/clients and their caregivers.
- SAFE ENVIRONMENT – We are committed to providing a safe environment for residents, staff, and volunteers.
- INNOVATION – We seek to advance our knowledge and are committed to better understand, evaluate, and implement programming, services and operating practices to advance effective and efficient delivery of quality services to benefit our residents/clients and our community.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – We are responsible both as individuals and as an organization to be strategic, ethical, team-oriented and quality based to promote the delivery of the highest level of care and fiscal soundness.
- CITIZENSHIP – We recognize our connection and contribution to the greater community.
Excellent benefits package available which include Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurances, and 403 (b) retirement plan.
Interested applicants may apply online or send a resume to Christine Giuliani, Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com or call 570-344-6177×1132 for more details.