Social Worker/Admissions Coordinator
Why should you join our Team?
We’re committed to building a culture of teamwork, one where employees know they belong and feel like they are valued for their contributions. We are a diverse community that supports each other, shares knowledge to enhance fellow team member’s growth, and recognizes the hard work and dedication it takes to be an accountable team member.
Being part of our authentic team will enable you to enjoy a rewarding and resourceful culture that is united in our passion to provide meaningful care to others.
What you can expect as part of our Team:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
What’s needed to join our Team:
- Works in conjunction with the Director of Human Services in the admissions process of residents in the facility to ensure that Elan Skilled Nursing and Rehab is prepared to meet their needs and that the applicant and his/her family is aware of the available services including their limits. Serves are primary back up to the Director of Human Services for Admissions. Assist with and coordinate admissions as assigned by Director of Human Services including updating waiting list, medical abstracts, tours and admission paperwork.
- Develops an on-going relationship with residents and their families.
- Interviews and assists residents and family members with problems such as personal and family adjustments, finances, physical and mental impairments.
- Secures information such as medical, psychological, and social factors contributing to resident’s situation, and evaluates these and resident’s capacities.
- Counsels residents individually, with family, or in other small groups regarding plans for meeting needs, and aids residents to mobilize inner capacities and environmental resources to improve social functioning. Leads family support groups as assigned.
- Participates in the Interdisciplinary Care Plan process on a regular basis and assures that all psychosocial problems, goals, and methods are identified and incorporated into the Interdisciplinary Care Plan. Reviews the Interdisciplinary Care Plan with residents and or family members as required.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory agencies in documenting assessments and progress notes along with entries of other relevant social service involvement in the residents care.
- Maintains, interprets, conveys and assures adherence to all Elan Skilled Nursing and Rehab’s policies and procedures and standards of governing bodies.
- Establishes contact with local hospitals when a resident is temporarily transferred, and visits hospitalized residents as appropriate.
- Works closely with all staff members of the facility to identify those residents and family members in need of social service intervention.
- Refers residents and family members to community resources and other organizations.
- Assists residents at meal time as assigned.
- Assists in providing sensory stimulation to assigned residents as appropriate.
- Assists with the management of our grievance process as assigned by the Director of Human Services.
- Primarily responsible for short stay residents does back up for long term residents as assigned by Director of Human Services.
- Serves in the weekend and holiday manager on duty assignment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
. Hold a current license under [the Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors Act]; or hold a Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or a Master’s degree (M.S.W.) from four-year college or accredited school university in Social Work or social welfare.
Why you’ll Enjoy being part of our Team:
Competitive wages and excellent benefits package for full time including: Family health insurance, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance available.
Must be available to rotate on weekends for manager on duty
Please contact Christine Giuliani at (570) 344-6177 ×1110 if you have any questions.
Applications accepted online or in person 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday at:
Elan Skilled Nursing and Rehab (Jewish Home of Eastern PA)
1101 Vine Street
Scranton, PA 18510